Télam 27/07/2021 Tokio: Los Pumas llegan a semifinales con una enorme victoria sobre Sudáfrica.
Argentina’s Lautaro Bazan Velez (front R) evades a tackle by South Africa’s Chris Dry in the men’s quarter-final rugby sevens match between South Africa and Argentina during the Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games at the Tokyo Stadium in Tokyo on July 27, 2021. (Photo by Ben STANSALL / AFP)
The fourth day of the Tokyo 2020 Olympics with positive results for Argentine athletes. The Argentine national team rugby seven They went to the semifinals after beating South Africa 19-14 in a quarter-final match that they faced outnumbered from two and a half minutes into the game.
The Argentinian Diego Schwartzman, number 13 in the world, dodged with difficulty his cross with the Czech Tomas Machac (148), whom he beat 6-4, 7-5 to settle in the round of 16 of the Olympic competition.
For his part, the Buenos Aires Facundo Olezza So far, it achieved the best performance of Argentine sailing at the Olympic Games, qualifying in fifth and fourth place in the first two Finn-class regattas, held in the coastal city of Kamakura, south of the Japanese capital.
Olympic Games: all results
- Triathlon: Romina Biagioli / entered in 33rd place.
- Volleyball (women): Argentina 0 vs. Russia 3 (19-25, 15-25 and 13-25).
- Hockey (masculino): Argentina 2 – Australia 5.
- Rugby 7: Argentina 56 – South Korea 0. The Pumas 7s qualified for the quarterfinals.
- Judo: Emmanuel Lucenti lost to Ivaylo Ivanov (Bulgaria) by ippon / first round -81kg.
- Beach Volley: Gallay / Pereyra 0 – Bansley / Brandie (Canada) 2 (20-22 and 12-21).
- Shooting: Fernanda Russo-Alexis Eberhardt / 10m. AC carbine, mixed teams / 27mos. and eliminated in the classification.
- Tennis: Diego Schwartzman beat Tomas Machac (Czech Republic) by 6-4 and 7-5, men’s single, second round.
- Tennis: Nadia Podoroska lost to Paula Badosa (Spain) 6-1 and 6-3, women’s single, third round.
- Mountain biking: Sofía Gómez Villafañe, ranked 23rd. Market Stall.
- Sailing: 49er FX / Sol Branz and Victoria Travascio / 10th in the general classification (6th in regatta # 1; 9th in # 2 and 13th in # 3).
- In Sailing: Female radial laser / Lucía Falasca / 31º. in the general classification (18th in regatta # 05 and 14th in # 6).
- Sailing: Finn – Facundo Olezza / 4th in the general classification (5th in regatta # 1 and 4th in # 2).
- Sailing: Men’s Laser – Francisco Guaragna / 24th in the general classification (12th in regatta # 4, 24th in # 5 and 26th in # 6).
09.00 Beach Volley: Azaad-Capogrosso vs Brouwer-Meeuwsen (Países