This is the list of athletes who will represent Guatemala in the Games that will begin on July 23.
With a total of 24 athletes, Guatemala will be present at the Tokyo Olympic Games that will take place from July 23 to August 8.
Led by the London 2012 Olympic medalist, Erick Barrondo, the march is the specialty that contributes the most athletes to the delegation, with a total of eight classified, three in 50 km and three in 20 km, in the men’s branch and two in the female category.
In addition, the country will have for the first time in history, female representatives in badminton disciplines, with Nikté Sotomayor and in rowing with Yulissa López and Jennieffer Zúñiga.
Those with more experience
The delegation will also be made up of athletes with great experience and experience, such as the flag bearer, the sailor Juan Ignacio Maegli and the badminton player Kevin Cordón, who will compete in their fourth Olympic Games, after the Beijing 2008, London 2012 and Rio 2016 editions.
Also jumping to the tracks in Tokyo, the cyclist Manuel Rodas, who will add his third Games, as well as the marchers Erick Barrondo, Mayra Herrera and Mirna Ortiz.
For his part, swimmer Luis Carlos Martínez, pentathlete Charles Fernández and judoka José Ramos, will add their second Justas.
While they will fulfill the dream of their first Olympic Games: José Alejandro Barrondo, José Ortiz, José Calel, Luis Miguel Grijalvam Nikté Sotomayor, Adriana Ruano, Waleska Soto, Juan Ramón Schaeffer, Isabella Maegli, Jennieffer Zúñiga, Yulissa López, Gabriela Santis and Scarleth Use it.
The list of athletes
- Sailing: Juan Ignacio (Laser) and Isabella Maegli (Radial Laser)
- Badminton: Kevin Cordón and Nikté Sotomayor
- March: Erick (50 km), José Alejandro (20 km) and Uriel Barrondo (50 km), José Ortiz (20 km), Luis Ángel Sánchez (50 km), José Calel (20 km), Mayra Herrera and Mirna Ortiz (20 km )
- Cycling: Manuel Rodas (route)
- Modern Pentathlon: Charles Fernandez
- Swimming: Luis Carlos Martínez (100 meters butterfly) and Gabriela Santis (200 meters free)
- Judo: José Ramos (-60 kilograms)
- Athletics: Luis Miguel Grijalva (5 thousand meters flat)
- Shooting with hunting weapons: Adriana Ruano, Waleska Soto and Juan Ramón Schaeffer
- Remo: Jennieffer Zúñiga and Yulissa López (light double pair)
- Weightlifting: Scarleth Ucelo (+86 kilograms)
* Photos: Omar Solís and COG
(Visited 36 times, 36 visits today)