The German number one Alexander Zverev will meet Oscar Otte from Cologne in the first round of the French Open. This emerges from the placement of the qualifiers in the main field, which the organizers published on Friday evening. The three-time Grand Slam winner Angelique Kerber will initially face Angelina Kalinina from Ukraine.
The top German players are clearly favored against Otte, 152nd in the ATP ranking, and Kalinina, 139th in the WTA world rankings. In addition to Otte, Maximilian Marterer had also fought his way through the qualification.
The Nürnberger meets the Serb Filip Krajinovic in his opening duel. Yannick Hanfmann (Karlsruhe) was also assigned a qualifier in Henri Laaksonen from Switzerland. – The first round matches with German participation:
- Alexander Zverev (Hamburg / No. 6) – Oscar Otte (Cologne / qualifier)
- Jan-Lennard Struff (Warstein) – Andrej Rublew (Russia / No. 7)
- Philipp Kohlschreiber (Augsburg) – Fernando Verdasco (Spain)
- Dominik Koepfer (Furtwangen) – Mathias Bourgue (France)
- Yannick Hanfmann (Karlsruhe) – Henri Laaksonen
- Maximilian Marterer (Nuremberg / qualifier) - Filip Krajinovic (Serbia)
- Angelique Kerber (Kiel / No. 26) – Angelina Kalinina (Ukraine / qualifier)
- Andrea Petkovic (Darmstadt) – Karolina Muchova (Czech Republic)
- Laura Siegemund (Metzingen) – Caroline Garcia (France)