Today, for the first time, we are talking about Paralympic judo, in which the only athletes admitted are those with visual disabilities and are divided according to the level of disability, in descending order from B1 (blind athletes) to B3 (athletes with partial visibility) , even if they all compete together, divided only by weight categories.
On 25 and 26 May 2021 there was the Paralympic Judo Grand Prix in Baku, Azerbaijan, while the GTokyo 2021 Paralympic judo games will be from 27 to 29 August.
For more information click on https://www.paralympic.org/tokyo-2020
Tuesday 25 May
- Female categories: -48; -52; -57 kg
- Male categories: -60; -66; -73; -81 kg
Wednesday 26 May
- Female categories: -63; -70; +70 kg
- Male categories: -90; -100; +100 kg
Italian national team
Athletes in the race
In the women’s categories Matilde Lauria (-70 kg) and Carolina Costa (+70 kg) competed, while in the male categories Federico Dura (-66 kg) and Simone Cannizzaro (-73 kg).
Results of Italy
Italy has conquered the medal silver with Carolina Costa (+70 kg B2). Furthermore, with this result the Italian athlete is first in the world ranking.
Costa won against Anastasiia Harnik (Ukr B1) and Zarina Baibatina (Kaz B2), before losing in the final against Meg Hemmerich (Bra B3).
Furthermore, Italy has conquered a seventh place with Simone Cannizzaro (-73 kg).
He won against Rodolfo Fabian Ramirez (Arg B1) and against Saber Kilany (Egy B2), while he lost against Ramil Gasimov (Aze B2) and in the repechage against Djibrilo Iafa (Por B1).
Matilde Lauria (-70 kg B1) it was ranked al ninth place. She lost in the first round against Olga Zabrodskaia (Rus B2), who then won the bronze medal, and in the repechage against Ina Kaldani (Geo B2), who also finished third at the end of the day.
In the first round he lost Federico Dura (-66 kg B2) against Yujiro Seto (Jpn B3). In this meeting there was a curiosity: the Italian athlete fought for 42 seconds with the mask and nobody noticed before.
- Ecem Tasin (Tour B1),
- Lobar Khurramova (Uzb B3),
- Shahana Hajiyeva(Aze B2) e Yuliia Ivanytska (Ukr B2)
- Cherine Abdellaoui (Alg B3),
- Sevinch Salaeva (Uzb B3),
- Yui Fujiwara (Jpn B3) and Basti Safarova (Aze B3)
- Sevda Valiyeva (Aze B3),
- Parvina Samandarova (Uzb B3),
- Lucia Araujo (Bra B3) and Afag Sultanova (Aze B2)
- Khanim Huseynova (Aze B3),
- Olga Pozdnysheva (Rus B2),
- Duygu Cete Artar (Tur B2) and Iryna Husieva (Ukr B2)
- Alana Maldonado (Bra B2),
- Zulfiyya Huseynova (Aze B3),
- Ina Kaldani (Geo B2) and Olga Zabrodskaia (Rus B2)
- Meg Emmerich (Bra B3),
- Carolina Costa (Ita B2),
- Zarina Baibatina (Kaz B2) and Rebeca Silva (Bra B3)
- Florin Alexandru Bologa (Rou B1),
- Sherzod Namozov (Uzb B3),
- Anuar Sariyev (Kaz B3) and Vugar Shirinli (Aze B3)
- Namig Abasli (Aze B2),
- Utkirjon Nigmatov (Uzb B3),
- Eduardo Gauto Gallegos (Arg B1) and Uchkun Kuranbaev (Uzb B3)
- Giorgi Kaldani (Geo B2),
- Vasilii Kutuev (Rus B2),
- Nikolai Kornhass (Ger B2) and Shakhban Kurbanov (Rus B2)
- Davurkhon Karomatov (Uzb B3),
- Huseyn Rahimli (Aze B2),
- Eduardo Adrian Avila Sanchez (Mex B3) e Jung Min Lee (Kor B2)
- Oleksandr Nazarenko (Ukr B2),
- Vahid Nouri (Large B2),
- Zhanbota Amanzhol (Kaz B3) and Helios Latchoumanaya (Fra B2)
- Zviad Gogotchuri (Geo B2)
- Christopher Skelley (Gbr B2D),
- Sulaymon Alaev (Uzb B3) and Sharif Khalilov (Uzb B3)
- Shirin Sharipov (Uzb B3),
- Mohammadreza Kheirollahzadeh (Iri B2),
- CHOI, Gwang Geun Choi (Kor B2) e Yordani Fernandez Sastre (Cub B3)
- Azerbaijan (3 – 2 – 4 – 2 – 1)
- Uzbekistan (2 -5 – 3 – 1 – 2)
- Brazil (2 -0 – 2 – 1 – 4)
Twelfth l’ Italy (0 – 1 – 0 – 0 – 1) out of 38 countries.