Oakland Athletics relief pitcher A.J. Puk (31) pitches the ball against the New York Yankees during the eighth inning Wednesday at Oakland Coliseum. (Kelley L Cox/USA TODAY Sports)
Here’s a look at how players from Eastern Iowa and the University of Iowa are doing in affiliated professional baseball.
All of these statistics are through Friday. Former Cedar Rapids Jefferson prep Connor Van Scoyoc appears to be in extended minor league spring training with the Los Angeles Angels. Former Iowa Hawkeyes first baseman Jake Adams (Astros) has not been assigned to a minor league club and is presumed to be in extended spring training.
- NICK ALLGEYER (Iowa/Toronto Blue Jays) — Called up to the big leagues for two days recently but did not pitch. Has a 1-1 record and 5.19 earned run average for Triple-A Buffalo.
- JOEL BOOKER (Iowa/Chicago White Sox) — Outfielder is on the developmental list for Double-A Birmingham. Has played in 11 games for the Barons, with a .125 average, no home runs or RBIs.
- TYLER CROPLEY (Iowa/Kansas City Royals) — Is a catcher for Double-A Northwest Arkansas. Has played in six games, hitting .182 with a homer and three RBIs.
- ZACH DANIELS (Cedar Rapids Kennedy/Iowa/Atlanta Braves) — Relief pitcher for High-Class A Rome. Has 0-1 record, a save and 3.24 ERA in six appearances. Has allowed six hits in 8.1 innings, with five walks and nine strikeouts.
- NICK GALLAGHER (Iowa City West/Cleveland Indians) — Pitching for High-A Lake County, has 0-1 record, a save and 1.42 ERA in eight games. Has allowed just six hits and struck out 18 in 12.2 innings.
- KORRY HOWELL (Kirkwood C.C./Milwaukee Brewers) — Infielder-outfielder is hitting .303 in 20 games for High-A Wisconsin, with six homers, 13 RBIs and nine stolen bases.
- MITCH KELLER (Cedar Rapids Xavier/Pittsburgh Pirates) — Was to be the starting pitcher in the second game of the doubleheader against the Colorado Rockies at Pittsburgh. Is 2-6 with a 7.41 ERA in nine starts. In 37.2 innings, has allowed 47 hits and 21 walks, striking out 40.
- MASON MCCOY (Iowa/Baltimore Orioles) — Infielder hitting .278 in 20 games for Triple-A Norfolk). Has three doubles, four triples, a homer and eight RBIs.
- COLE MCDONALD (Iowa/Houston Astros) — On the injured list at Low-A Asheville. Has pitched in one game, one inning with two walks and a strikeout.
- ROBERT NEUSTROM (Iowa/Baltimore Orioles) — Outfielder is with Double-A Bowie and hitting .260 in 19 games. Has a homer and 13 RBIs.
- A.J. PUK (Cedar Rapids Washington/Oakland Athletics) — Lefty pitcher continues to try and work his way back from injury. Is rehabbing with Triple-A Las Vegas, where he is 1-1 with a 14.40 ERA in five appearances. Has allowed 11 hits in five innings (three homers), walked one and struck out nine.
- BRADY SCHANUEL (Iowa/Milwaukee Brewers) — Pitching for High-A Wisconsin, where he is 1-0 with a 4.22 ERA in eight appearances. In 10.2 innings, has allowed nine hits and 10 walks, striking out 15.
- SCOTT SCHEBLER (Cedar Rapids Prairie/Los Angeles Angels) —Outfielder has spent time in the big leagues this season, though is at Triple-A Salt Lake right now. Hitting .323 with six homers and 20 RBIs in 17 games. Has had a recent four-hit game and three-homer game.
- SPENCER VAN SCOYOC (Cedar Rapids Jefferson/Philadelphia Phillies) — Is on the injured list for High-A Jersey Shore and has not pitched yet this season.
Comments: (319)-398-8258, [email protected]