From his first match against Dynamo Kiev to the Champions League final against Bayern, through the comeback, Thiago Silva, new Chelsea defender, will have known the moments of glory and disillusionment of PSG. A passage of eight seasons in the capital marked by images of joy but also of disappointment, forever engraved in the history of the club.
1. September 18, 2012. Arrived injured at PSG, Thiago Silva plays his first match in his new colors against Dynamo Kiev at the opening of the Champions League (4-1). He contributes to the great Parisian success by scoring a goal for his debut
2. March 11, 2015. Outnumbered and while Thiago Silva offered a penalty after a hand, no one believed in the qualification of PSG. Dominated 2-1 by Chelsea, the Parisians get their ticket to the quarters on a saving whim from their captain.
3. The 8th March 2017. A day marked with a black stone. Winner (4-0) three weeks earlier from FC Barcelona, the trip to Camp Nou must be a formality for PSG. The Parisians lose 6-1 and the captain will be named one of the main culprits of the debacle.
4. March 6, 2019. The remountada is still in our memories. Winner 2-0 in Manchester on the first leg, PSG saw a nightmare at the Park, losing 3-1 including a last goal conceded on a penalty after a hand from Kimpembe.
5. March 15, 2019. The French naturalization of Thiago Silva’s family demonstrates the Brazilian’s attachment to his adopted country.
6. July 31, 2020. By winning the Coupe de la Ligue final against Olympique Lyonnais (0-0, 6-5 tab), Thiago Silva lifts the last of the 25 trophies won with Paris including 7 French league titles .
7. August 23, 2020. Thiago Silva wears the Parisian tunic for the last time in the final of the Champions League against Bayern Munich (0-1). The longed-for apotheosis does not happen. While he knows that his contract will not be renewed, he confides: “This defeat is even worse for me. “