VALLE (VG) Dag-Eilev Fagermo (53) thinks the pressure is on Rosenborg before Wednesday’s meeting with his Vålerenga. And is aware that he should have been relevant for the vacant coach job, if he had not switched to Vålerenga.
– Is it a shame for them that you are not available?
“Yes, it is,” Fagermo tells VG and laughs.
Watch the Elite Series and OBOS League directly on Dplay
On Wednesday night he leads Vålerenga to a big game at Lerkendal Stadium in Trondheim. The hosts got their first win of the season on Sunday, while Vålerenga has seven points in the first four rounds. In Rosenborg there was complete chaos last week, and coach Eirik Horneland had to go.
The hunt for a new coach is now underway, and Dag-Eilev Fagermo’s playing style in 4-3-3 could fit in well if he had not changed his job from Odd to Vålerenga in January.
– Now I have got a job I really wanted and am proud to have. So for me it’s about training Vålerenga and nothing else. So Rosenborg is completely out of date.
This is what Bernt Hulsker said about Fagermo’s appearance in the press zone following the victory over Viking on Saturday:
Last away victory? 15 years
In the Elite Series, Vålerenga has not beaten Rosenborg on the away field since they won gold in 2005. Morten Berre scored two goals in the 3–2 victory. The statistics the Oslo club hopes to do something about.
There, Fagermo has special expertise, according to himself.
– As they have been playing this year, have they pressed on?
– Yes. It certainly has them. Then you can say that the pressure decreases slightly in anticipation of new coach. Now I have pretty good stats up there. So then I hope to bring it into Vålerenga. Then we get something done with the fifteen years. It sounded very long, says Fagermo.
Check out this VIF newcomer:
Energy and running power
The VIF boss believes the key lies in having the ball in the team. He does not want Rosenborg to dictate too much of the game at home.
The right wing Aron Dønnum fully agrees.
– It will be a tough match, as it always is at Lerkendal. The fact that they have played poorly I mean it is impossible to say after only four games. We must get well equipped. We must have energy and running power, says the 22-year-old from Eidsvoll.
PS! Herolind Shala was supposed to quarantine due to four yellow cards, but on Monday NFF decided the midfielder to play the match anyway.
Dønnum after the Vålerenga riot: – I couldn’t look
PS. All the matches in the Elite series you watch Dplay (editorial cooperation).
View more statistics for the Elite series on VG Live.
- Champions League qualification
- Europa League Qualifying