Home football Manchester United and Man City fans face a setback for the stadium’s return plans

Manchester United and Man City fans face a setback for the stadium’s return plans

by archysport

Football fans have suffered a setback in hopes of returning to the games from October.

Prime Minister Boris Johnson said earlier this month that spectators may be able to return to stadiums in England from October.

Some sports, including football and cricket, have already filmed behind closed doors after the blockade of Covid-19.

And the Prime Minister said earlier this month that a number of test events would take place from August 1st, but any reopening of the stadium would be subject to coronavirus guidelines.

“We will be piloting larger matches in places like sports stadiums in view of a larger reopening in the fall,” Johnson said on July 17. “From October, we intend to bring the public back to the stadiums.

“Again, these changes have to be done in a Covid-safe way, subject to the drivers’ success.”

However, Johnson confirmed on Friday afternoon that the three test events scheduled for the next few days have all been canceled due to an increasing number of coronavirus cases.

“We can’t just ignore this evidence,” said Johnson. “We need to act quickly to protect the people we love and know measures like these. We put off those changes for at least two weeks. Pilots of larger crowds in sports facilities and conference centers will not take place. “

In a separate statement, Mr. Johnson said: “A very disappointing piece of news that with the increase in infection rates, we can’t get on with sports drivers this weekend with fans.

READ Also:  "Man Utd cannot allow Liverpool to equal its own record" - Berbatov wants the Red Devils to fight for "perch"

“I know the enormous efforts that cricket, snooker and horse racing have made to welcome fans back. We will continue to work together for their safe return soon. “

Glorious Goodwood was due to welcome 4,000 racegoers at Chichester racecourse this weekend, while 2,500 fans were to be admitted to cricket matches at The Oval and Edgbaston for Surrey vs Middlesex and Warwickshire vs Northamptonshire.

And the Crucible expected up to 300 fans per session while the Snooker World Championship was underway on Friday.

Speaking before Johnson’s statement, Premier League chief executive Richard Masters said on Friday: “The Premier League will return to action on September 12th.

“This pre-season is different from the others. Yes, transfers and rumors will continue to happen, but behind the scenes the game is working tirelessly to innovate and find a way forward that will allow the return of the fans to the game and provide a boost to the economic profitability of the entire game in these times. difficult.

“Putting fans back on our land responsibly is an important part of this. The Premier League is committed to making it happen and I can’t wait to be sitting on the ground again, listening to the fans who drive on their players and see the impact they have on their team. “

.

0 comment
0

Related Articles

Leave a Comment

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.