It’s time to go because the January transfer window is open. Find out when it will close across Europe, view the latest transfers in real time and keep up to date with the latest gossip below.
TOP STORY: Man United joins the hunt for Cavani
By Edinson Cavani the future has been the source of almost constant speculation in recent months and it now appears that Old Trafford could be a potential destination for the Uruguayan star. According to the Manchester Evening News, the PSG striker will be offered free of charge to Manchester United this summer, although the hopes they had of taking him to the Premier League before the end of January seem to have been reduced.
United is still trying not to lose Erling Haaland, with the Norwegian wonderkid who decided to join Borussia Dortmund earlier this month. Injuries to Paul Pogba and Scott McTominay have made the club’s search for a midfielder more priority this month, but the possibility of bringing Cavani to the top English league in the summer is a seriously tempting prospect for Ole Gunnar Solskjaer as he tries to bring the good guys back times in a club that has had to endure subtle delays in recent times.
The report adds that the main reason Cavani probably won’t leave in January is the £ 30 million price slapped by the player by PSG.
Chelsea get a boost in Werner’s pursuit
RB Leipzig’s Timo Werner He is observing a move to Chelsea after the German star admits he is desperate to test himself among the Premier League elite, reports the Daily Mail. The Bundesliga star drew a lot of attention, thanks to his scoring achievements in Germany, with the talents of Werner who pushed the network to push Leipzig to the top of the standings entering the second half of an extraordinary season.
– Schoenfeld: why RB Leipzig is the most hated team in the Bundesliga
The Spanish giants of Real Madrid have been linked to his signing in the recent past, but the report says it appears that Chelsea – having lifted the transfer ban – could be its favorite destination.
Werner recently told Bild: “The Premier League is definitely the most interesting league, you have to say. There is a certain talent in watching the English league and playing there.”
Soumare has decided to choose between Chelsea, United
Preferring to play in the Premier League after his period in Ligue 1, the Lille midfielder Boubakary Soumare it’s set to choose between Chelsea and Manchester United, according to Sky Sports.
The 20-year-old still has a two and a half year contract, and the French club is willing to sanction his sale this month, but will ask “north of £ 40 million” for a player described as “Paul Pogba without the baggage”, “a deep ball winner with the ability to choose long range passes.
Sky writes that United could cool its interest in the French U21 national team with an agreement for Bruno Fernandes imminent, which could pave the way for him to join his compatriot N’Golo Kante in West London.
– Degrees of transfer: all the big moves classified
– When do you close the transfer window?
– All major transfer offers completed
– Defender of West Ham United Issa Diop he said he was focused on ending the strong season at the London stadium and not worried about a big future move. Speaking to Foot Mercato, the young Frenchman said he wanted to take care of “the football part of things”. The former Toulouse man has a rating of 90 million euros on the market and has attracted interest from Arsenal, Manchester United and Tottenham Hotspur.
– More news from West Ham here, as the club hasn’t given up on bringing Ross Barkley on loan to East London, despite being rejected by Chelsea earlier this month. The Mirror reports that David Moyes is even more than interested in luring Barkley to the Hammers in a move that would bring the Scotsman together with the prodigy he harbored during his time in Goodison Park.
– Meanwhile West Brom is ready to deliver West Ham £ 1.5 million to maintain it Grady Diangana to the Hawthorns until the end of the season, reports The Telegraph.