Bayern Munich extends partnership with Audi by 4 years – News feed – Germany – Foreign

| |

Bayern Munich and automaker Audi have extended their sponsorship until 2029, the most successful German football club said in a statement on Tuesday. The previous contract bound them until 2025. Now, Audi, sponsor of the club since 2002 and shareholder since 2011 with 8.33% of the capital, would pay 60 million euros per season instead of 40 currently, according to the tabloid German Bild.

“For Bayern, this agreement is an important step for the years to come,” Karl-Heinz Rummenigge, the head of Bayern Munich, said in a statement. Last season, concluded with a 7th consecutive title of champion of Germany but by elimination in the round of 16 in the Champions League, Bayern generated 660 million euros in revenue according to the annual ranking of Deloitte, which makes it the fourth richest club in the world, behind Barcelona, ​​Real Madrid and Manchester United. Bayern, 29 times champion of Germany and five times winner of the Champions League, has a total of thirty sponsorship contracts. Its “main sponsors” also hold shares in the company, up to 25%. The remaining 75% belongs to the club.

.

Previous

Robert Farah suspended for doping

Chicharito accepts MLS Galaxy proposal

Next

Leave a Comment

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.