This took place on Tuesday in the UEFA Champions League, where you lost it …
READ ALL ANYTHING ABOUT
• Manchester United 0, Paris Saint-Germain 2: Story game || Game statistics
• AS Roma 2, FC Porto 1: Story game || Game statistics
THE MAIN STORY
PSG discusses Man United's bubble
Manchester United entered the first round of the program against PSG in the round 16 with a confidence world. The Red Devils has undergone a major revival in Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, having been unbroken in 11 previous matches in all competitions and climbing to fourth place in the Premier League since Jose Mourinho took Norway in December.
What 's more, PSG made the trip to England without the dynamic demesne Edinson Cavani and Neymar, who became vulnerable through injuries. Manchester United had not already won any team from France in a European competition, while French clubs lost eight of the 10 Champions League Champions on Old Trafford. So, it appeared that Man United was in favor of everything.
However, PSG had other ideas. Man United could be in better domestic form at the moment, but even when Neymar and Cavani are lost, the advantage of the experience is in favor of the French champions. PSG 11 started a 589 appearance in the Champions League, compared to just 255 for Man United beginners.
Ultimately, that was the difference. PSG exceeded a slow start and the first half unevenly followed proceedings after the half-time break. The town side could not boast the Angel Di Maria, a former Red Devil, who both helped in goals by Lord Kimpembe and Kylian Mbappe. Marquinhos, working with the backyard, woke up the powerful US attack led by Paul Pogba and Marcus Rashford. The elderly goalkeeper, Gianluigi Buffon, was not very worried at night.
It is now to be done at Manchester United in the return game in Paris on 6 March. Not only will the Red Devils without the Pogba be suspended (it took two yellow cards on Tuesday), but the history is not on its side. None of the previous 34 teams who lost the first phase of a home match in two home or more Championships went on to the next round.
Stadio Olimpcico's progress came in the 70th minute when Bryan Cristante passed on to colleague MP Roma Eden Dzeko. Bosnia quickly turned in the box and sent Nicolo Zaniolo, who hit Porto goalkeeper, Iker Casillas, up quickly.
A minute's silence was held before kickoff at Old Trafford in Manchester and Stadio Olimpico of Rome honor Emiliano Sala.
GAME WITH GAME
Marco Verratti was an unsung hero on PSG at Old Trafford, changing the sides of the field.
“Obviously he will be a great hero.” – As Roma captain, Daniele De Rossi, Nicole Zaniolo, who worked in the teenage years, presented a brace against Porto on Tuesday.
SÉ PACK OF STATS
• Gianluigi Buffon is the PSG of the fourth player who plays in the Champions League 41 years of age or older, entering Marco Ballotta, Mark Schwarzer and Oleksandr Shovkovskiy.
• Six players from Italy were involved with an initial lineup of AS Roma Tuesday. The last time a Champions League game team started with seven of the Italians than Juventus in September 2013 vs. Copenhagen.
• Kimpembe is the eighth different player to score for PSG in the Champions League. No other team had more (not including their own targets).
• Seven of their eight games have now lost Porto against Italian clubs in the Champions League. The 3-2 win exception was over AC Milan in September 1996.
• Kylian Mbappe the PSG is the third player to score first in England in England, and joined Luis Enrique and Edin Dzeko.
• Tuesday was the first time that Manchester United lost more than one goal at Old Trafford in a European competition in the club's history.
Stats courtesy Opta
1) Nicolo Zaniolo, AS Roma: At 19 years and 225 days, the Italian teenager was the youngest in Italian to score two goals in the Champions League match.
2) Angel Di Maria, PSG: Argentina was very worried about his former club, pulling the highlights in the midfield and mating a pair of aid.
3) Marquinhos, PSG: While playing in the midfield, the Brazilian defender did a great job on Paul Pogba's shadow, and he was in good stead.